THERAPY WITH DALLAS PSYCHIATRIST DR. SURIN SEHDEV
Worry, depression, sleeplessness, addiction – all these issues affect your mental health, which in turn impacts your work, relationships, and day-to-day life.
But you are not alone. There are scientific approaches for helping you regain control – with a Dallas therapist that can support you on the path to mental wellbeing with understanding, guidance, and the strategies for coping with the short term and long term challenges.
Aware Behavioral Health offers therapy and psychiatrist support in Dallas and the surrounding areas. Dr. Sehdev is a Dallas psychiatrist who uses an individualistic, symptom-based approach to treating anxiety, depression, addiction, ADHD, and more. With professional therapy, medication, and other treatment options, we give you the tools to reclaim your life and relationships.
Call Aware Behavioral Health at 888-677-4562 or reach us through the online form. We can provide you with more information on how we use therapy and psychiatry to treat different mental health conditions or get you set up with an appointment.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT AT AWARE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
There are many different types of mental health disorders, along with those that respond well to mental health-related treatments. Many have similar symptoms and it is not uncommon to experience separate conditions concurrently. Dr. Sehdev uses your specific symptoms to make a diagnosis and plan for treatment. We assist patients with many mental health conditions in Dallas, including:
- Depression Treatment – Depression can be a result of outside triggers, internal chemistry, and other factors. When treating depression, we want to address these causes as well as the symptoms of your depression. Conditions that fall under the umbrella of depression include clinical depression and bipolar disorder, both of which Dr. Sehdev treats with a combination of therapy and medication.
- ADHD Treatment – For ADHD treatment in Dallas, therapy can be an important part of managing the depression, self esteem issues, and anxiety that frequently occurs alongside ADHD. We often use therapy with medication to manage symptoms of ADHD in children and adults.
- Anxiety Treatment – Worry from time to time is natural. But PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, panic disorder, and other anxiety disorders can make everyday experiences difficult. We may use many different treatment options to change your thought process and emotional response to triggers.
- Opioid Addiction Treatment – Stopping opioid use involves both overcoming the thought processes that cause addiction and the physical withdrawal effects. Medication and therapy, along with ongoing support, can help you get your life back on track.
- Sexual Dysfunction Treatment – Sex is an essential part of the intimacy between many couples, but men and women alike can often struggle with impotence and anxiety. We use therapy to assist you in move past blocks to your performance and enjoyment of sex, along with other treatments.
- Insomnia Treatment – Difficulty sleeping can leave you mentally and physically unwell. With therapy, we can treat chronic insomnia by addressing the triggers of your insomnia and providing you with strategies to help yourself return to a normal sleep pattern. For short-term relief, we can also provide medication to help you sleep better.
You may already have been diagnosed with one of these conditions, or you may simply have a feeling that something is not quite “right.” No matter where you are in your therapy journey, Dr. Sehdev can meet you there. We use your history and experiences to guide our treatment methods, putting you at the center of our therapy process.
WHY CHOOSE A DALLAS PSYCHIATRIST FOR THERAPY?
Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is a method of helping patients understand the mental health conditions that impact them and regain the control of their lives those conditions may have taken away. During talk therapy, we discuss the thoughts, emotions, and experiences that have led you to where you are and continue to influence you.
For many mental health conditions, psychotherapy is effective in helping you understand why you are experiencing these challenges and how you can manage the results in a healthy and effective way.
The different approaches to talk therapy are called modalities. These are the tools we use to guide the conversation. We rely on a range of therapy modalities in Dallas, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and More
There is no one treatment that works for certain mental health conditions or across all patients. Instead, Dr. Sehdev is trained in a variety of approaches. As he builds an understanding of your personality and the symptoms you are struggling with, he can adapt to you.
The therapy we use may also change over the course of treatment as you learn new coping skills, encounter new challenges, and provide your own feedback on what therapies and treatments are working for you.
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS FOR MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENTS
As a Dallas psychiatrist, Dr. Sehdev also has the ability to treat your symptoms with medication and other resources that are not typically available to therapists. The exact treatment plan we create will be customized for you. This is why we take the time to learn about your specific mental health challenges.
Our treatment recommendations may also change over time as your needs do. Mental health is constantly evolving for everyone as internal and external factors in your life change. We maintain an ongoing conversation with you so we can be sure the treatments we provide are meeting your needs and alter them as necessary.
Start working with a Dallas psychiatrist today at Aware Behavioral Health. We are currently offering online appointments to patients in Dallas and the surrounding area. You can call us at 888-677-4562 or contact us through the form on our website to schedule an appointment. Dr. Sehdev will talk through your problems and work with you to determine which types of treatment will be most effective.