TREATMENT FOR DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND MORE WITH DALLAS PSYCHIATRIST DR. SURIN SEHDEV
Mental health issues are common challenges faced by those throughout Dallas. They can also be one of the most life altering. This is because disorders and conditions that affect your mental health do more than impact your thoughts and emotions. They can also alter your physical health, your relationships, and your career.
Seeing a psychiatrist in Dallas can help you manage the symptoms and overcome the challenges that result from mental health disorders by addressing both the mental and physical concerns you are dealing with.
Aware Behavioral Health offers psychiatry in Dallas for adults, teens, and children. Dr. Sehdev is an experienced Dallas psychiatrist who treats a variety of mental health conditions and behavioral disorders through medication assisted treatments, talk therapy, and other support methods. If you are struggling with a mental health condition, call us at 888-677-4562 to learn more about Dr. Sehdev and our services.
MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS WE TREAT IN DALLAS
Everyone is different when it comes to mental health. Even two people that share a diagnosis can experience the symptoms in different ways. This is why working with a trained psychiatrist in Dallas will provide you with the best possible treatment, tailored to you.
A few of the conditions Dr. Sehdev can provide treatment for include:
- Anxiety Treatment – Many disorders lead to intense anxiety, such as generalized anxiety disorder, PTSD, panic disorder, OCD, social anxiety, and more. The intensive mental and physical responses these disorders cause can make it difficult for you to enter certain situations or manage your day to day life.
- Depression Treatment – Clinical depression, also called major depressive disorder, is a condition many people go through, and sometimes live with for years. Other forms of depression include bipolar disorder and postpartum depression. Aware Behavioral Health utilizes several strategies to provide depression treatment in Dallas.
- ADHD Treatment – We often diagnose ADHD in children, but many adults also live for years without understanding their symptoms. Dr. Sehdev can provide treatment for ADHD to patients of any age, and will work with you on related issues that may have resulted from coping with ADHD.
- Opioid Addiction Treatment – An addiction to opioids is dangerous and life altering. We can use medication and coping strategies to help you through withdrawal and prevent relapses while also addressing the causes of your addiction.
- Insomnia Treatment – Whether insomnia is its own issue or associated with depression or anxiety, we can help you understand the cause. We prescribe a variety of medications to help you fall asleep and have restful nights.
- Sexual Dysfunction Treatment – Sexual dysfunction may be the result of anxiety or a physical health problem and can result in impotence, premature ejaculation, and sexual arousal disorder, all of which can take the joy out of sex for you and your partner. We have treatments available to support you and help make intimacy more fulfilling for you both.
These are only a fraction of the conditions we can treat here at Aware Behavioral Health. If you are experiencing symptoms or have a diagnosis for a disorder not listed here, we encourage you to set up an appointment with our office so that we can discuss the possible treatments for your condition.
HOW WE TREAT MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS
At Aware Behavioral Health, we view each of our patients as more than just a diagnosis. Our goal is not just to alleviate symptoms, but to restore your mental wellness and quality of life. With this in mind, we create treatment plans that are designed around your individual needs that may include:
- Medication – After understanding your symptoms, we can prescribe one or more of many medications available for your specific disorders. With mental health medication, we can often stabilize your mood, increase your wellbeing, and control physical symptoms like a fight or flight response for panic, sexual functioning, or compulsion to engage in addictive behavior.
- Talk Therapy – Therapy based on modalities like CBT, interpersonal therapy, and others provide a means of understanding your thoughts, emotions, actions as they relate to your condition. Many patients find this helpful in gaining additional control and managing disorders in the long term.
- Lifestyle Changes, Training, and More – As a patient, you may have needs we can address through other means. This may include recommendations of changing your exercise, eating, or sleeping habits or focusing on learning skills that will help you improve your wellbeing. Like the rest of your treatment plan, Dr. Sehdev identifies these solutions with you after understanding your symptoms.
Medication-based treatment is often the first step with the majority of our patients. For many conditions, the right medication will often provide immediate management of symptoms to help you get your life back on track. From there, we will continue to build upon your treatment plan for long-term management of your disorder or complete recovery.
WHY AWARE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH IS YOUR TOP CHOICE FOR DALLAS PSYCHIATRY
Your mental health is one of the most important considerations in your overall health, but it will also face many challenges throughout your lifetime. Genetics, stressful experiences, life changes, and addiction can all leave you feeling less than your best self.
Dr. Sehdev is a psychiatrist in Dallas who understands how mental health conditions impact people’s lives. He has experience providing psychiatry for children and adults in Dallas, as well as treating the majority of behavioral and health disorders people in Dallas face. Fill out the contact form or call us at 888-677-4562 to schedule an appointment today to start your treatment.