Sleep Disorder Treatment in Dallas
The sleep that you get each night and the quality of that sleep has a direct relationship to your mental and physical health. But there are a number of sleep disorders that can affect nighttime restfulness and daytime wakefulness. These disorders can cause extreme discomfort, and eventual interruption to your daily routines, by triggering stress, health conditions, and accidents.
Dr. Sehdev at Aware Behavioral Health provides sleep disorder treatment in Dallas. Dr. Sehdev is experienced in treating sleep disorders using a combination of medication assisted therapy, psychotherapy, and additional solutions to build a treatment plan. When something is preventing you from getting the quality sleep you need or lack of sleep is causing challenges in other areas of your life, contact us at 888-677-4562 to learn more.
Available Options for Sleep Disorder Treatment in Dallas
Almost everyone will have trouble sleeping at some point or experience fatigue during the day. This can be a result of a busy lifestyle, stress, pain, or a mental health condition like depression that impacts your ability to get good sleep.
In many cases, restlessness or fatigue will go away on its own once a stressful period ends or you are able to make some adjustments to your routine. But many sleep disorders have a deeper cause and you cannot simply expect them to go away on their own.
Some of the sleep disorders we treat at Aware Behavioral Health include:
- Insomnia – Insomnia can cause difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep at night due to a variety of different causes.
- Sleep Apnea – Sleep apnea causes a blockage of the airway while you are resting that leads you to repeatedly wake up throughout the night and never enter deep sleep.
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness – Poor sleep at night or conditions like depression can cause you to feel extremely tired during the day.
- Narcolepsy – Regardless of the amount of rest the previous evening, narcolepsy may trigger sleep attacks that cause a person to unexpectedly fall asleep in the middle of the day.
- Restless Leg Syndrome – This sleep disorder will cause you to feel like your legs and other parts of your body cannot remain still, keeping you active and awake throughout the night.
- Parasomnia – Parasomnia occurs when someone exhibits unusual activity while asleep, such as talking, moving around, or engaging in other non-sleep related behaviors.
- Circadian Rhythm Disorders – When your circadian rhythm, which controls when you feel sleepy and wakeful, is unbalanced, can make it difficult to fall asleep or wake up, at the necessary times.
As a psychiatrist in Dallas, these sleep disorders are only one of the conditions we treat with a range of options for many different mental health conditions. Because of this, we can use a diagnosis for a sleeping disorder as a starting point while also understanding the various concerns you have about your mental and physical health to effectively treat both the cause and effect of a sleep disorder.
How We Treat Sleep Disorder in Dallas
Our treatment approach at Aware Behavioral Health is centered around our patients as individuals. This means that we provide comprehensive treatment for sleep disorders by addressing your sleep disorder alongside any potential causes such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, stress or other causes.
Our goal is two help you build a sleep schedule that works for you and get the right amount of quality, restful sleep. This will help you feel more comfortable and alert throughout the day.
Treatment possibilities can include:
- Medication – Depending on your specific sleep disorder, medication can help you fall asleep, sleep more deeply, better manage your circadian rhythm, or reduce pain or anxiety that may be keeping you awake. Medication is also effective at treating other disorders for which trouble sleeping can be a symptom.
- Psychotherapy – Also known as talk therapy, this is valuable in helping you manage thoughts and behaviors that result from depression or anxiety and are preventing you from getting the rest you need.
- Skills and Lifestyle Changes – Different and routines throughout the day can help you control your circadian rhythm, making you naturally more rested or tired at the appropriate times when used alongside other treatment methods.
With sleep disorder treatment in Dallas at Aware Behavioral Health, it is possible to get the long term solutions you need when you have difficulty sleeping.
Appointments with Dr. Sehdev are virtual for added convenience whether you are based in Fort Worth, Dallas, or Bedford. Call us at 888-677-4562 or contact us with the form to start treatment for sleep disorders.