Addiction Treatment at Aware Behavioral Health
Addiction is a very serious disease that can gradually overtake every part of your life. Substance abuse, alcoholism, gambling addictions, and more will affect your family, friendships, career, and finance. More importantly, they will deteriorate your happiness and mental well-being.
But even when you are ready to escape from an addiction, the mental and physical effects can make it difficult to accomplish without help. Aware Behavioral Health offers addiction and substance abuse treatment in Dallas that can help you get back to living on your terms.
Dr. Sehdev is a Dallas addiction psychiatrist. He can support you with various treatment options to successfully navigate detox, recovery, and relapse avoidance from any addiction, all in a positive and personalized environment. Call us at 888-677-4562 with any questions or to learn more about how we treat addictions in Dallas and the surrounding area.
Types of Addictions We Treat
While addiction at its most basic involves an inability – mental, physical, or both – to stop taking a drug or engaging in a behavior, there are several different kinds of substance abuse disorders. Among those we provide treatment for are:
- Opioid Addiction Treatment – Painkillers are highly addictive narcotics available as prescription medication and recreational drugs, so addiction can happen to anyone. Our opioid abuse treatment in Dallas helps you overcome the withdrawal and manage the ongoing symptoms to keep from relapsing.
- Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment – In addition to opioids, other prescription drugs like stimulants, barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, and sleeping medications also have addictive properties. Our treatments will often involve teaching healthier coping mechanisms or finding alternative solutions to the conditions these drugs treat.
- Legal Drug Addiction Treatment – Even when drugs are legal, reliance on them can impact your mental health, finances, and family life. We offer cigarette and nicotine addiction treatment and medical mariajana addiction treatment.
- Illegal Drug Addiction Treatment – Addiction to cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, ecstasy, and other drugs have additional concerns due their being illegal. We can help you get off illegal drugs so you are not at risk for health problems.
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment – Alcohol is one of the most frequently abused legal drugs. If you are dependent on alcohol, we can guide you through withdrawal and provide support with coping mechanisms to help you stay sober.
We also have treatment solutions for addictions not involving substance abuse such as gambling addiction treatment or food addiction.
Our Addiction Treatment Services in Dallas
We prioritize understanding our patients beyond their diagnosis and catering to their individual goals. This means that each treatment plan will vary by person and include a range of addiction treatment options.
As a substance abuse psychiatrist, Dr. Sehdev will often use medication assisted treatment as part of a recovery plan for substance abuse. There are a variety of medications available that can help patients through the detox process and prevent relapse, addressing mental and physical symptoms of withdrawal. Which medicine(s) we prescribe, if any, will depend on your individual needs and addiction.
Dr. Sehdev’s role is to understand the challenges you are dealing with, both through his own experience and training as well as your input to the treatment process. With this knowledge, he can prescribe and manage medications and make sure they are working effectively for you.
Medication can also manage symptoms of mental health conditions that may exist alongside addiction or as a result, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and sleep disorder.
Other aspects of substance abuse disorder treatment at Aware Behavioral Health can include:
- Talk Therapy – Symptoms of addiction are physical and mental. While medications can help manage symptoms, psychotherapy is often helpful to change compulsive thinking that causes people to return to addictive behaviors. We teach coping skills to minimize compulsion, stress, and anxiety.
- Coordination with Your Health Team – If there are other doctors, nurses, or social workers involved in your substance abuse recovery, we can work with them to provide cohesive treatment.
- Ongoing Support – Recovery from addiction is a process. It goes beyond the withdrawal and can in fact take months or years until you feel assured in your sobriety. We can be there throughout the journey with support and a dynamic treatment plan.
Each person we work with is unique. Dr. Sehdev designs a treatment plan that is specific to your needs, not just your diagnosis.
Why Get Substance Abuse Treatment from Aware Behavioral Health
There are many emotions associated with addiction. A sense of being out of control of your own life, guilt or shame, and stress and anxiety. At Aware Behavioral Health, we provide safe, judgment-free space where the focus is on your recovery.
Dr. Sehdev has many years of experience working as a substance abuse psychiatrist in Dallas and treating addiction, depression, anxiety, and a range of other mental health conditions. He has also worked with people from every background.
When you are ready to get started with addiction recovery, call Aware Behavioral Health 888-677-4562 or fill out the form below. We offer convenient appointments in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have the option for virtual appointments from the comfort of your home.